- Sourced from Verified Partner Farms per our stringent sourcing guidelines
- Non - GMO
- Diabetic-friendly: High fibre and anthocyanin content, pears help lower your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Average size of 4-5 cm in diameter. With red hue & moist, off-white flesh.Crunchy and tart, but when fully ripe, has juicy, buttery texture & a sweet flavor.
- Can be stored in a cool & dry place for up to 7-8 days. If cut, requires refrigeration.
What makes Pear Green special?
- Rich in Vitamin C - 13% of RDA
- Rich in Vitamin K - 7% of RDA
- Dietary fiber - 5.4 g
- One pear consumed daily can help reduce the risk of macular degeneration which is a major contributor towards vision loss among elderly people.
- Pears help improve bone health due to the presence of calcium and magnesium that helps prevent osteoporosis and bone mineral loss.
How to enjoy your Pear?
-Pears work well in both fresh and prepared dishes, such as baking or poaching.
-They can be eaten raw, sliced and combined into leafy green salads, tossed in fruit salads, topped with almonds and other fruit, blended into smoothies, or sliced over vanilla ice cream.
-They can also be baked till caramelised with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon, or drizzled with honey.